ANDHRA PRADESH MUNICIPALITIES ACT, 1965
Section 279 Licence for private market
(1) No person shall open a new private market or continue to keep open a private market unless he obtains from the Council a licence to do so.
(2) Application for such licence shall be made by the owner of the place in respect of which the licence is sought not less than thirty days and not more than ninety days, before such place is opened as a market, or the commencement of the year for which the licence is sought to be renewed, as the case may be.
(3) The Council shall, as regards private markets already lawfully established and may, at its discretion as regards new private markets, grant the licence applied for, subject to such regulations as to supervision and inspection and to such conditions as to sanitation, drainage, water-supply, width of paths and ways, weights and measures to be used, and rents and fees to be charged in such markets as the Council may think proper; or the Council may refuse to grant any such licence for any new private market. The Council may, however, at any time, for breach of the conditions thereof, suspend or cancel any licence which has been granted under this section. The Council may also modify the conditions of the licence to take effect from a specified date.
(4) When a licence is granted, refused, suspended cancelled or modified under this section, the Council shall cause a notice of such grant, refusal, suspension, cancellation or modification in English and in the main language of the district to be pasted in some conspicuous place at or near the entrance to the place in respect of which the licence was sought or had been obtained.
(5) Every licence granted under this section shall expire at the end of the year.
Section 280 Fee for licence
When a licence granted under Section 279 permits the levy of any fees of the nature specified in sub-section (2) of Section 277, a fee not exceeding fifteen per centum of the gross income of the owner from the market in the preceding year shall be charged by the Council for such licence.
Section 281 Sale in unlicensed private markets
It shall not be lawful for any person to sell, or expose for sale any animal or article in any unlicensed private market.